Yomassage COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Yomassage is all about total relaxation, but you can’t relax unless you feel comfortable.
At Yomassage, we care greatly about the safety and wellbeing of our Yomassage Practitioners and their clients. That’s why we’ve created a thorough set of guidelines to help lead our practitioners through the new normal and make sure their clients get the reassurance they need to fully relax and feel at peace.
All Yomassage Practitioners should implement the following guidelines into their sessions as of May 19th, 2020:
• Yomassage Practitioners will not hold Yomassage sessions if they have experienced COVID-19 symptoms or been in contact with anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
• No hugs or handshakes
• Payment and intakes should be taken care of online, prior to class so no exchange of paper, pens, or cards will be needed in person.
• Clients are required to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
• Consider having clients take off shoes and put personal belongings (phone, purse, etc) in a plastic bin upon entry. This bin will be sanitized after each use.
• Each client should have 50 square feet of personal space. Consider allowing 100 square feet of personal space for each client.
• If Yomassage Practitioners are 6-feet or more away from each client, they can pull their mask down to explain and demonstrate each position.
• Yomassage Practitioners will always keep their face as far away from their client as possible while providing therapeutic touch.
• Yomassage Practitioners will use clear instruction for prop placement so client’s unused props do not come in contact with each other.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Yomassage Practitioners should wear a mask.
• Yomassage Practitioners should have sanitized masks available for those that want to wear them and did not bring their own.
• Consider requiring clients to wear masks.
• Gloves are optional for Yomassage Practitioners.
• If gloves are used, they should be changed in between clients..
• Yomassage Practitioners should sanitize with a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved hand sanitizer in between clients. CDC recommends using ABHR with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol in healthcare settings. Unless hands are visibly soiled, an alcohol-based hand rub is preferred over soap and water in most clinical situations due to evidence of better compliance compared to soap and water.
Blankets, Eye Pillows, & Neck Pillows:
• Should be washed in a washing machine after every session.
Blocks, Yoga Mat, and Massage Balls:
• Should be spray sanitized with a CDC approved cleaner in between each session.
• Bolsters should be covered with a waterproof pillow case (plastic, vinyl, or other) that will be spray sanitized with a CDC approved cleaner in-between each session.
• An additional cloth covering will be used over the waterproof covering and washed in a washing machine in between each session.
Disinfect high-touch surfaces in between each session with a CDC approved spray. Consider the following surfaces:
• Door handles
• Light Switches
• Counter tops
• Door/stall handles
• Faucet and handles
• Toilet paper/paper towel dispensers
• Toilet handles
• Toilet seats/tanks
• Allow clients to bring their own props if desired.
• A full set of Yomassage props can be purchased here. Use the code Yomas50 for $50 off. If you bring your own set of props, please follow the sanitation guidelines above and any additional guidelines from your practitioner.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions regarding these guidelines. You can find a Yomassage class near you or a virtual Yomassage class here. You can find a list of Certified Yomassage Practitioners here.